Saturday 10 April 2010

My singing may be recorded for training purposes

Trying to sort out various things I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone to my bank over the last week or so. I’ve given out my mother’s maiden name out, two characters at a time, to a surprising large proportion of the population so I’m now starting to suspect that they’ve got some kind of bingo game trying to be the first person to get the whole thing. Obviously, I also spent quite a bit of time enjoying hold music. (on a completely separate note, I once had to call a debt collection agency who’s hold music was dauntingly Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana – yes, the theme tune off The Omen)

Yesterday I became a little frustrated (and therefore acted like a bit of a dick) so asked the bloke on the other end if he would mind if I put him on hold for a minute and proceeded to sing (I can’t get no) Satisfaction, including guitar bits, at him. Actually he was impressively professional and just took it in silence (or propably had pushed the mute button and was talking about the wanker on the phone to the person next to him).

But, I remembered the call may be recorded for training purposes and thought I’d better mention that it was under copyright to Mick and Keith. I suggested to him that if they kept it or certainly if anyone listened to it they (or I) might be liable for royalities. I know it’s not true but I kind of liked the idea of someone calling their legal department to check.

I’m thinking of requesting a copy of the call under the Data Protection Act just to see how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment